Friday, April 07, 2006

Weirdness!!!


30 minutes ago I booted up in Windows XP . . . on a Mac!

Now there are 3 options for running Windows on a Intel Mac; emulation via Q, virtual via Parallels and dual boot via Apple. I’ve tested all three solutions and I’d say that if you’re a non gamer then the Parallels route is going to be your best option, it’s very fast and starts up (within OSX) in a few seconds.

More details . . .

The MacBook Pro is an amazingly fast Windows machine, literally booting is just a few seconds, I’ve yet to really put it to the test, that will come later this evening when I try out Battlefront 2! (^_-).

I really think this is a huge deal for Apple and the whole PC industry. Pretty much without question Apple’s Intel Macs are now the best personal computers on the planet - the only personal computers that run *ALL* operating systems at fully native speed. Apple must be very confident in 10.5 Leopard. Millions of loyal Mac users are going to be able to make a direct comparison between Leopard and Vista. One thing that it has already highlighted to me is just how bare Window XP feels, there really is nothing much to do . . . other than play games.

3 Comments:

At 2:06 pm, Blogger Aline said...

More details.... please.

 
At 3:37 pm, Blogger Aline said...

Don't forget to install Service Pack 2, Windows Defender, AntiVir, Ad-Aware and all the latest Windows Updates.

Ha... Nothing much to do!

 
At 12:06 pm, Blogger James said...

Hehe, no I guess not (^_-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free page hit counter