Apple OSX Hints. No.1
This is my top tip on OSX. It’s dead simple and takes only a minute to set up but will change the way you move things around in the finder to the extent that it could well save you an hour a day!
1. Apple + N to create a new finder window.
2. Apple + 3 to view it in column mode.
3. Resize the window to about 85% of the screen width.
4. Close the window by clicking on the red gum drop button. This is an important step as it sets the default size of a new widow to the size of the window that you have just closed.
5. Apple + N to create a new finder window.
6. Apple + N to create a another new finder window.
7. Now position these windows as shown above.
You can move files from one location to the next by a simple drag and drop! Now add all your most commonly used folders to the sidebar and you’ll never look back.
Next time? Smart Folders.