Monday, October 31, 2005

Dreamcast the Afterlife: Dreamcast Homebrew



In it's day the Dreamcast was a powerful gameplay console. Those days have passed now and the Dreamcast looks rather old compared to the latest consoles. But wait! Don't bin your Dreamcast just yet. In fact if it lives in the cupboard (like mine) go and get it out. There's life in that old beauty yet.

Being built on Windows CE made the Dreamcast very popular with homebrewers. There are literally hundreds of great apps out there for the Dreamcast. This site is a good place to look:

Dreamcast Homebrew :: Dreamcast software News :: Dreamcast Emulation & Development News

I'll report back soon on how the following perform:

ScummVM
DosBox

Both of which are superb apps for running old games on the PC and Mac.

1 Comments:

At 7:33 am, Blogger James said...

Ah Homebrew. I had my Dreamcast playing a VCD, I have to say it was a pretty tricky process and the results where less than stellar. I should imagine that MAME would run quite nicely on it.

Let me know how you get on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free page hit counter