Monday, October 31, 2005

Gmini400 Sound Quality

Good morning! Last night I decided to have a play around with my wife's iPod Mini (5gb). Using the same headset I use with the Gmini, my over-riding thought was that the sound quality on the Archos is far superior. I tried using various EQ settings, but couldn't get to the same feel as I'm used to with my player.

After that, I played the music quiz game - which is really good fun and a great idea. Unfortunately, when my wife saw how cool it is she pinched the iPod off me and was busy playing it herself when...shock horror!!!...it hung! Yes, there may not have been a BSOD but this Apple product definitely crashed. And to make matters worse, there is no hard-wired on/off switch or even an over-ride reboot function, so I just had to leave it on all night until the battery ran out!

4 Comments:

At 9:22 am, Blogger Paul said...

You're wrong! You need to watch CommandN. Jeff McArthur showed how to hard reset your iPod when it crashes. Something like 'Menu, down' hold for 10 seconds or something. Check it out.

 
At 9:49 am, Blogger M Burland said...

Bzzzzzzt. I'm afraid not. I tried all the usual "hold button down" tricks. Nothing worked.

 
At 9:52 am, Blogger Paul said...

No way!

Yes way!

No way!

Yes way!

ssswwwaaaahhhh!

 
At 10:44 am, Blogger James said...

I had a go on the new iPod on Saturday. Very nice indeedy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free page hit counter